The Jill Watson Festival Across the Arts returns to the College of Fine Arts at Carnegie Mellon University, 04-06 April 2013. This year’s festival, themed around “noise”, features lectures, performances and workshops by renowned presenters. All events are free and open to the public.
Wats:ON? 2013 explores the realm of noise through a variety of analog, digital, and apparatus enhanced sound-music performances. Featured events include:
Thursday 4 April, 5:00pm, CMU Kresge Theater (CFA):
- INTONARUMORI 100, a performance on reconstructed Intonarumori, the original ‘noise instruments’ devised by Luigi Russolo in 1913
- GEETA DAYAL: Signal and Noise: A Brief History of Electronic Music, a presentation on the history of noise and experimental sounds in music
Friday 5 April, 8:00pm, Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry (CFA)
- JEFF HINKELMAN: A lecture on the birth of sound and noise in cinema, with live accompaniment
Saturday 5 April, 2:30pm, Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry (CFA)
- DAN WILCOX: A workshop in audio programming with Pure Data
Saturday April 6, 7:00pm, CMU Kresge Theater (CFA):
- CYBORGS OF SOUND: Robotic & circuit-bent music performances by Eric Singer, Jeremy Boyle, and Michael Johnsen
- LESLEY FLANIGAN: Amplifications, a feedback and voice performance by NYC noise star
For more information, please visit: http://watsonfestival.org/2013
All events are free and open to the public.